Clarrie Eatts Reserve Upgrade

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback.

The reserve and playground known as Clarrie Eatts at Aldinga Beach (next to the Surf Life Saving Club) requires rejuvenation and upgrading, and during September and October this year we sought feedback from the community on the concept plan.

Over 70 people visited our Your Say website and a further 14 people provided their feedback. There was a positive response with 85% supporting the concept plan. Of the remaining 15% that were not in support, comments were made around nature play, fitness equipment and the location of the new garden bed being in between the play equipment and barbeque area. Other comments received were around the car park, footpaths and pop up bars. Whilst many of these comments fall outside of the project scope, a new pathway has been included in the final plan between the playground and the barbeque area.

The final plan now includes pathway connections, new playground equipment, upgraded irrigation system, new shelter, barbeque, table and seating and improved landscaping.

You can view the updated plan in the document library.

What happens now?

Construction is expected to commence mid-2020. This is to ensure no disruption to the community during the busy summer period. The old play platform has already been removed and the existing swing and spring animal will remain through summer.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback.

The reserve and playground known as Clarrie Eatts at Aldinga Beach (next to the Surf Life Saving Club) requires rejuvenation and upgrading, and during September and October this year we sought feedback from the community on the concept plan.

Over 70 people visited our Your Say website and a further 14 people provided their feedback. There was a positive response with 85% supporting the concept plan. Of the remaining 15% that were not in support, comments were made around nature play, fitness equipment and the location of the new garden bed being in between the play equipment and barbeque area. Other comments received were around the car park, footpaths and pop up bars. Whilst many of these comments fall outside of the project scope, a new pathway has been included in the final plan between the playground and the barbeque area.

The final plan now includes pathway connections, new playground equipment, upgraded irrigation system, new shelter, barbeque, table and seating and improved landscaping.

You can view the updated plan in the document library.

What happens now?

Construction is expected to commence mid-2020. This is to ensure no disruption to the community during the busy summer period. The old play platform has already been removed and the existing swing and spring animal will remain through summer.

  • CLOSED: This survey has concluded.

    We're keen to hear your views about the proposed plans for Clarrie Eatts reserve.

    We're keen to hear your views about the proposed plans for Clarrie Eatts reserve.

    Take Survey
    Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link