Saltfleet Street (south of Saltfleet Street Bridge)
Works on the section of Saltfleet Street between the bridge and Commercial Road are now underway. These works include:
- narrowing of the road to accommodate new 3m wide shared path
- improvement to the pedestrian crossing points to Jubilee Park
- improvement to the northern vehicle access to Jubilee Park
- improvements to the bus stops near Jubilee Park
- new line marking including extending the bike lane on the eastern side of the road.
During the work on Saltfleet Street:
- speed reductions will in place
- protective barriers and bollards will be used to direct traffic and protect the workers on site
- pedestrians will be diverted to use the eastern side of the road
- the northern access to the Jubilee playground will be temporarily restricted to left-in and left-out movements only. There will be no change to the southern entry to the playground.
It is expected that these works will be completed by the end of the year.
Consultation has concluded