Stage 1 work (Norman Road to Button Road) was completed in December 2019 and we are commencing preparation work for Stage 2.
Stage 2 works commenced on 20 January 2020 and are schedule for completion by August 2020, subject to favourable weather conditions.
Justs Road Stage 2 is from Button Road to Sellicks Beach Road. Early works are focused on the drainage swales on the road shoulders on each side of the road.
Through early February, SA Water contractors will also be on site working on relocating a segment of the water main to accommodate new drainage infrastructure being installed as part of the road reconstruction.
Stay tuned for our next update here.
STAGES OF WORK
Stage One, from Norman Rd to Button Rd consists of:
- Widening the existing traffic lanes to 3.5m in each direction with new pavement installed.
- Modifying driveways with shallow culverts underneath for stormwater.
- Realigning the grassed drainage swales on both sides of the road.
- Guard rail installations at selected locations.
- Widening the road shoulders to improve the bus waiting area at bus stop 131 on both the east and west sides.
Stage two consists of the section of Justs Road from Button Road to Sellicks Beach Road (excludes the Sellicks Beach Road intersection).