Work progressed well and we were on track to complete Stage 1 (section between Norman Rd and Button Rd) by the end of this year, weather permitting.
So far we have:
- Reconstructed failed sections of pavement
- Widened the road
- Formalised and widened drainage swales on both sides of the road
- Resealed and line-marked completed sections
Over the next month we will be concentrating on:
- Finishing the current section of road
- Commencing work at the Button Road intersection
- Installing road safety barriers at the Button Road intersection and around the culvert crossing south of Norman Road.
You may have noticed that the road pavement is being reconstructed in sections. This is to allow us to keep the road operational during the works.