Work has commenced!
Construction on the much-awaited Knox Park Multi-use Sports Park upgrade commenced in mid-August 2023.
With the support of Katrine Hildyard Member for Reynell, the state government is providing $1.1M funding towards this project.
Since our last update on the Council approved Multi-use Sports Park concept plan, we have completed the detailed design and construction procurement process, with contractor BluBuilt being awarded the contract for construction.
Work is expected to be completed by mid-2024 and will consist of the following:
- Irrigated oval with 400m athletics track.
- Athletics throw and jump facilities.
- Playground upgrade.
- Shelter with barbeque and seating.
- Priority site connecting footpath.
- Priority landscaping and tree planting.
- Fencing around the oval.
- Storage shed.
- Public toilet with disability access.
- Services connections including stormwater, water and electricity.
Work will predominantly be undertaken between 7am and 5pm weekdays. For safety reasons, the construction site will be fenced throughout the entire construction period. BluBuilt will keep as much of the reserve open to the public as possible when it is safe to do so.
View the construction plans here.
We will keep this page updated as the project progresses.
Share your thoughts on the draft concept plan?
CLOSED: This survey has concluded.